Omaha Beach Mods\Suggestions

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Target(+)

Omaha Beach Mods\Suggestions

Post by Target(+) »

This is another map in the rotation that could do with reviewing, It sadly gets to be a bit of a sniper fest when it has the potential to be so gd..

My suggestion would be remove the sniper rifles (except 2-3 .50 cals on the beach for blue after they take the beach) and make the beach flag neutral to start again, play it old school style!
Demonic

Re: Omaha Beach Mods\Suggestions

Post by Demonic »

i have to strongly disagree with removing sniper rifles, til the beach is taken (then to only give blue 50 cals' )...simply coz i have seen guys camping the freakin beach with m16's and the smaw....so it isnt just about snipers doing it....if we remove sniper rifles, then hey, take out nades to prevent nade spammin....or c4 and mines....

its a tough map to mod, because there isnt to many options for blue to attack from...except up the hill....maybe the idea of red being able to cap the beach flag is worth considering.....perhaps also, after blue caps it, spawn a hummer on the other side of the beach to......

like i said its a togh map to change...if red wrks well as a team they can hold blue off no prob....altho if blue manages to get the back flag , most of the time its game over for red....
Target(+)

Post by Target(+) »

Yeh suppose your right, Its a map that tends to be alot of sitting around when played wrong, when on red i usually just drive around on the beach for something to do. (never be a passenger when Viper is driving)
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Post by Southern Cross »

I'm agree with Target.
There are sometimes few blue attackers and many blue snipers.
It makes boring both red and blue attackers.

However, some people play omaha for enjoying snipe, so we should take them into consideration.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Is there a way to limit the amount of snipers on blue .. Say 5 max ???? and I jsut threw that number out there .. This would allow some to be snipers but also cause the majority of the blue team to become attackers OR lololol ..... camp with other guns ... just another thought.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
WaffleFries

Post by WaffleFries »

Last night we played this and it was actually pretty close. Quite a few of the better players had played on blue this round so it was a decent benchmark on how balanced this map is. If a team stacked with skilled players can't get up the hill, a team full of pubbers will probably get wiped out. I think red had about 60 tickets left when they won. Blue was able to hold the middle flag for a few minutes which helped us.

A few people had given suggestions on modifications during the round. Someone was suggesting making the beach flag capturable by red and/or put a 2nd flag on the beach that is uncap, and leave 1 on the beach that is cappable (i dont see how this balances it, seems to me it would make it harder for blue)

Someone else suggested a little bird, could be a 2 or 4 seater depending on how much you think its going to sway the balance (not sure if this would make it too easy for blue or not. usually taking the top flag means its over for red)

I guess I'd have to play it a bit more to see, but it seems this map is still favoring red quite a bit.

My general suggestion for all unbalanced maps is to make the slightest changes possible that help to balance it out.
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

k, heres my ideas.... get rid of the 50 cal totally...it encourages people to camp, or sit and wait for it to spawn...i feel this is one map, the 50 cal is kinda pointless.....rather than putting a limit on how many snipers blue can have, perhaps have the sniper kit for blue spawn at the middle flag only, that hopefully it will get people off their ass and push up the hill.

i would hate to see a limit be put on the sniper class for any map...personally i think that would be BS and it would open the door for other maps to be changed in similar fashion.

but regardless of my ideas, you will still get fools camping the beach with other guns anyway.........
Target(+)

Post by Target(+) »

So true, trouble is it can be a great map when the majority of blue attacks so i wouldnt like to see it removed from the rotation.
OffTheHook
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by OffTheHook »

i played on a server long ago that had a littlel bird spawning where the 50 cal spawns. it held 4 people so u could attack the top.... just an idea
THE HOOK!!
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Modding this map, and any other map for this matter, is very subjective. It all depends on who is playing in red and blue. Whatever modification is made it needs to be one that is fair and disturbs the game experience the least. I think making the middle flag neutral, the way it is right now, is good.

But if you are looking for another mod that would benefit blue, this is what I would suggest:

If there is a way to mod this map so that red players cannot mine the top of the hill at the middle flag, blue would have a better chance. Red players could still plant C4 but it will require good timing to detonate and score a kill.

I played in a mod with a helo and that just put red in a disadvantage.

i_am_not_your_father
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

i_am_not_your_father wrote:Modding this map, and any other map for this matter, is very subjective. It all depends on who is playing in red and blue. Whatever modification is made it needs to be one that is fair and disturbs the game experience the least. I think making the middle flag neutral, the way it is right now, is good.

But if you are looking for another mod that would benefit blue, this is what I would suggest:

If there is a way to mod this map so that red players cannot mine the top of the hill at the middle flag, blue would have a better chance. Red players could still plant C4 but it will require good timing to detonate and score a kill.

I played in a mod with a helo and that just put red in a disadvantage.

i_am_not_your_father
I like no mines idea and agree with it. However, there is also another suggestion to consider:

Remove the friggin' sniper rifles from both sides. It's sniper's tard fest that is so boring I end up driving the truck down to beach just find action...

We all like to snipe from time to time, but it's so pervasive on this map, the sniping ruins the game play...
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Agreeing with OTH, the little bird was great for blue. If the bird comes back though, it should be

1) two passenger, unarmed spotter bird for arty.
2) cars must be removed once blue caps the mid flag (or make it to blue cannot drive to the top flag)

it was originally a foot soldier map for a reason..balance.

Make the beach flag capable BUT give a BMP when it is red and it's American equiv. when it's blue.

Put that small russian helo at the top flag, 2 passenger, unarmed as well.

increase (if you can) the health of the red arty and expand the spawn time of it. they should be VERY tough to kill, but stay dead once taken out.
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

i gots to wonderin how it would work, if you took away blues boat totally...made the beach flag capable so red can take it ....maybe have the middle flag grey at the start and leave everything else as....at least red could launch its own offensive rather than sitting and waiting....
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

For the guys that like it as real as possible like myself that would take away from the scenerio all together but it is a game so I am down for whatever

I still have yet to be on where Omaha starts to get a feel for what it is like now LOLOL .. I have been having issued with my ping lately so I havent played as much.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
WaffleFries

Post by WaffleFries »

Demonic wrote:i gots to wonderin how it would work, if you took away blues boat totally...made the beach flag capable so red can take it ....maybe have the middle flag grey at the start and leave everything else as....at least red could launch its own offensive rather than sitting and waiting....
I have a feeling this would only make the map end sooner with red winning. Quite a few places on the beach (crater/landing craft) that a red guy can hide to turn it gray. After its gray its just a matter of time before all the blues get picked off.

The problem with this map isn't that red is 'sitting and waiting', its that its nearly impossible for blue to advance. They have to deal with narrow truck paths that are mined, or being fired on from uphill by snipers/MGs/C4/Defguns/etc.
LF55

Post by LF55 »

I agree Waffles. Somehow, Blue does manage a capture of the uppermost flag from time to time, as red leaves it vacant.
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

Target(+)

Post by Target(+) »

Playing it earlier today I think the removal of .50 cals would be good, blue would still have there standard snipers and there wouldnt be players queing for the 50's, not much of a change but would be a good start.

Alot of it is blue not being able to get up the beach so a solution needs to be found to spread the red defence out more, am on board with a small helo for blue, if not perhaps instant humvee respawns like Weapon Bunkers?
WaffleFries

Post by WaffleFries »

Target(+) wrote:if not perhaps instant humvee respawns like Weapon Bunkers?
I like this one. I'm always waiting for the humvee on blue because its the best way to cap a flag/win the map. Only 2 of them, they take a while to spawn and that's if the enemy hasn't hijacked one (although the tomahawk should killing red humvees)

I think it would help blue out while not affecting the game as much as a little bird would.
Target(+)

Post by Target(+) »

Thanks for the support waffles, would force red to do more cqc defence and less sniping.
Iron59

Post by Iron59 »

I realize I'm weighing in on the discussion a little late, but here's my two cents:

Sniping is fun. (One of my favorite classes)
Sniping can be very useless to the team. -- You get the high score on the losing team.
Sniping is at least somewhat essential on Omaha, because the guys storming the hill need someone to cover them.

Having played this map from both sides, I would say it's probably easier for red, since they don't have to go anywhere. If you play as blue and storm the hill, you end up dying a lot.

From what I can tell, the general opinion is that the game tends to be very standoffish and needs something to "get it going." I don't think removing snipers is going to help that, just make blue die a lot more. Removing the .50 cal might work, since people who aren't good snipers like to wait around for it, which disrupts teamwork.

I think the addition of helos would totally change the nature of how this map is played. There are a lot of maps with air support, and this is one that is awesome because it develops into such a fierce ground war.
gat

Post by gat »

lot of good ideas, i think it should be a fighting map. fight for it. not snipe for it. removing sniper rifles may help. leave a 50 or 2 on beach, take out nads, vehicles, mines become useless. then it becomes a must fight to cap map.

while your at it consider changing map rotation line up. hear alot of that in ts.
Ready-FIRE-Aim
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Ready-FIRE-Aim »

gat wrote:lot of good ideas, i think it should be a fighting map ... take out nads,...

I ain't giving up my nads for no map, no game, no wife, nobody!
Semper Rugby

Life is better just a half a bubble off dead plumb.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LMAO .. I am with ya RFA .. I like to keep mine where they are now ... Like and American Express card .. I dont leave home without them.
Target(+)

Post by Target(+) »

Nothing needs to be removed or added..

Just change the humvee respawn to 5 seconds or w/e it is on Weapon Bunkers :idea:
Demonic

Post by Demonic »

well havin just played on omaha, i saw the same issue ive already mentioned...people camping with their fckin m 16's....after numerous attempts to cap the middle flag by blue, it was finally capped and held.....some people chose to hide inside the bunkers with their m 16's and other guns, rather than assisting the few who were tryin to keep pushin to the top flag....there were a few less snipers on blue and i dunno if the 50 cal was removed or not...if it was, then i think it helped people to not camp its spawn.....

anyways, it was a pretty close game there for most of the time......there just wasnt enough people pushing forward after blue capped the mid flag :/